MiMax is a technology firm that designs products, systems, and infrastructure applicable to a variety of advanced IT applications. Patents, designs, and other IP from MiMax creates more efficient and more effective solutions for remote and shared networked displays. While other companies offer display products, they have less effective, less advanced technologies and approaches. The various disruptive technologies from MiMax offer partners and customers better solutions that save power, significantly reduce costs, open up new opportunities, and boost their bottom lines.
MiMax leverages and re-purposes common components including Graphics Processor Units (GPUs), Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs), and general purpose processors in new and innovative ways resulting in greater efficiencies and lower costs.
MiMax IP includes existing patents. Their impact on Cloud Computing, Infrastructure as a Service, and Software as a Service is that of greater efficiency. New designs enable a greater number of network clients to be connected to shared servers for the increasing demands of productivity, entertainment, and support applications. The display patents provide management of multiple displays per system. The Frame locking/ phase locking patent enables better synchronization, redundancy, monitoring, high resolutions, and multiple screens in diverse environments. The comparison patent performs data difference detection by looking frame by frame to only send data of what has changed rather than the entire display information.
Target Technology Environments
MiMax technology benefits cloud computing, industrial control, transportation platforms, and enterprise gaming.
- Data Centers
- Transportation, data, and communications centers
- Industrial plants
- Defense systems
Initial product focus is on designing display accelerator cards with substantially less cost and power consumption. Other research and development underway will produce designs and new patent applications that empower everything from server farms in data centers to smart phones to have access to private, protected computing.
- Enabling scalable connections with significantly less energy and CPU cycles in data centers using Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Capturing POS data for protection of system failures
- Improving the redundancy and failover for industrial systems (PLC, SCADA)
- Sharing displays among users in NetCentric low power environments such as military vehicles
- Monitoring system status on payouts for legal coverage in enterprise gaming
- Attaching phones to computers and each other for applications like games including virtual reality mobile devices
MiMax inc are experts in Graphics Processor Unit (GPU) technology used in new applications for astonishing fast, low cost and low electrical power GPU methods of:
A) Very fast finding data-hash matches for bit coining mining
B) Very fast, finding visual image data differences for movement detection or video compression.
C) Very fast finding data confirmation or data differences, for peer networks of block-chain date bases.
Mimax does this by combining GPU’s and FPGA’s in new ways. FPGA’s offer the ability to create almost any new digital circuit, and commercial-off-the shelf GPU’s are the fastest raster scanning devices, transistor, for transistor in history.
MiMax applies both frame and pixel phase locking of GPU heads and feedback loops to create these new methods.
The MM-Linx distro will soon support built in applications for MiMax GPU cards.
MiMax’s GPU’ cards will revolutionize the way researchers and users find the data differences or matches they seek.
MiMax team patents
- US Pat No. 6,262,695 Method and apparatus for phase-locking a plurality of display devices and multi-level driver for use therewith
- US Pat No. 8,139,072 Network hardware graphics adapter compression
- US Pat No. 8,441,493 Network hardware graphics adapter compression
- US App No. 15/688,589 Macros cell display compression multi-head raster GPU
- ** Additional subject matter area patent materials in progress **